It is anticipated that individuals submitting 2022 ITR12 tax returns will face increased verification queries from SARS. In order to avoid an unnecessary verification and audit from SARS, tax practitioners must be diligent and ensure that taxpayers fully comply with the relevant tax law referred to in the tax return and appreciate what documentary evidence is required to discharge the burden of proof placed on the taxpayer to substantiate information disclosed in the ITR12 tax return.
After this session, you will be:
- Updated with the current law and SARS practice impacting taxpayers during the 2022 filing season.
- Competent to advise clients on the compliance and documentary evidence requirements applicable to the 2022 filing season.
- Able to complete the new cessation of the residence declaration form.
- Confident to train your staff about the current law and SARS practice applicable to the 2022 filing season.
- Informed about topics to include in a client communique to alert your clients about current law and practice impacting 2022 filing season obligations.
Presenter: Diane Seccombe
Diane Seccombe is an admitted attorney with a master’s degree in taxation and has been involved in tax for well over ten years. Currently the National Head of Taxation with the Mazars Academy, Diane provides tax training to Mazars partners, staff, and clients. She also consults on income tax matters including, corporate, individual, and international tax as well as VAT.
Diane presents tax seminars on a national basis for, amongst others, Sanlam, ABSA, Old Mutual, and various professional institutes. She started her tax career as a full-time academic with the University of KwaZulu-Natal before moving into practice.
Price & Duration:
19 July 2022 – Pretoria, Capital Hotel Menlyn Maine
20 July 2022 – Johannesburg, Radisson Hotel (Opposite Gautrain Station)
25 July 2022 – Durban, Coastlands Umhlanga
26 July 2022 – Cape Town City Centre
28 July 2022 – Somerset West, Lord Charles
Per region: R840 incl VAT
Duration: 09:00 – 13:00
Part 1 and 2: R495 incl VAT
21 July 2022 – Part 1
22 July 2022 – Part 2
Duration: 09:00 – 11:00
For further enquiries please contact us on:
+27 (0) 11 304 1820/3670